This praline sauce is sweet and salty. It is the perfect filling for cakes and macarons, and really anything else you can find to put it in. The sauce is very easy to make and doesn’t take long at all.
Depending on what you’re using it for you may want to chop your nuts smaller or leave them a little larger.
Salted Paline Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp course sea salt
- Put chopped nuts and butter in a small to medium sauce pan.
- Allow the nuts to toast some and the butter to melt over medium high heat for a couple minutes
- Once the nuts are toasted and butter is melted add all the rest of the ingredients except for the salt and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium and allow it to come to a soft roll. Continue stirring for 3 minutes while it rolls softly, not aggressively.
- Remove from heat to cool, it will thicken once it cools.
- Once cool add the salt and stir to combine.