This edible chocolate chip cookie dough is delicious and comes together quickly in a bowl. It’s soft and perfect to spread between cake layers or add to macarons. And is definitely okay to eat by the spoonful.
It’s best to store this in the refrigerator. If you’d like to spread it more easily between cake layers let it come to room temperature first.
The uses for this is really limitless!
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
soft edible chocolate chip cookie dough for fillings or snacking
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 75 g sugar
- 115 g brown sugar
- 200 g all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips 85 g
- 1/4 cup milk 67 g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the flour safe to eat, microwave it for 1 minute.
- Put the softened butter and sugars into a bowl and work them together.
- Once the flour is cool, add the flour and salt to the mixture and work it together with a spoon or spatula.
- Add the milk and vanilla and combine until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Hi Kristen , absolutely love your recipes , how long will the cookie dough keep for in the fridge and would the cookie dough work ok for cake pops etc thanks so much again x
Hi Katrina! Maybe a week or so, Im not comfortable keeping things with dairy in them too much longer. I haven’t ventured into cake pops so I don’t know too much about what they should be like.
I absolutely love this recipe! I shared with others and we all enjoyed eating the cookie dough by itself. Definitely making again. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much Caroline! It makes me so happy you enjoyed it!!