This edible sugar cookie dough is for all the sugar cookie junkies out there. It’s sweet, comes together in minutes, and is perfect to use to fill cakes, macarons, or to eat by the spoonful. It has a slight twist that I think you’ll love. It substitutes almond extract, for the usual vanilla. If you haven’t tried it, it’s a must!
Ways you can use this recipe
You can use this in the center of your macarons either by putting a ball of it in the center and piping a ring around it with buttercream or other filling. Or if you want maximum sugar cookie dough like the picture above you may want to try my sugar cookie dough macaron recipe.
This dough would also we fun to layer between cake layers for any sugar cookie fanatics! Bonus if you add sprinkles!
Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- 200 g All purpose flour
- 200 g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp almond extract, or flavor of choice
- 1/4 cup milk
- Add the flour to a heat safe container and microwave it for one minute. Let it sit to cool.
- In your mixer or bowl, whip up the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the extract and milk and combine.
- Add the flour and salt and combine.
- This dough will be extra sticky and a little wet by design so it can be spread between cakes or wet enough to seal a macaron. If it is too wet for you add flour a TBS at a time.
Leave a Reply